We're here to help you
Be it a house move or commercial move, this moving guide will help you in getting started as early as 2 weeks before the actual removal day.
Feel free to speak to our friendly officer if you have any more questions!
Create The perfect plan
We have curated a time sensitive flow of important and actionable list that can help you in moving!
2 weeks before moving date
1 week before moving date
3 days before moving date
Frequently asked questions
Residential Moving / Commercial Moving / International Moving / Storage & Disposal :
- Make an appointment with us for a free and non-obligatory site survey.
- Our customer representative will send over the quotation through email.
- Sign the quotation agreement and send back to firstname.lastname@example.org
- An acknowledgement for the confirmation of your booking will be sent by us. In the event that your requested slot is fully booked, an alternative slot will be suggested.
- Shalom Movers will be there on your scheduled date and time for removal service.
It is highly recommended that a site survey be conducted so that an accurate assessment of the volume of items to be moved and access of your current location can be calculated.
This will enable our surveyor to provide you with the appropriate number of manpower, materials, transportation, and resources required for your moving needs. Our aim is to avoid any incidental charges on your moving date.
There are no charges for our site survey and quotation request. It is strictly non-obligatory and no questions will be asked if you decide not to choose us as your service provider.
Our standard survey duration is 20 minutes. However, if the scope of survey is bigger we will require more time for evaluation. Please let us know if your moving requires pick up or drop off from multiple locations of if the access at the other locations required stair carrying, shuttling, or a push.
Once our surveyors are done with the evaluation, you will receive your quotation within the next 24 hours.
Scheduled site survey in between 9AM – 12PM, you will most likely receive the quotation by the end of the day.
Scheduled a site survey after 12PM, you will most likely receive the quotation in the morning of the following day.
Our site survey booking slot is available from Monday to Friday (Earliest 9AM-5PM latest). Saturday slot is from (Earliest 9AM to 3PM latest) and exclude Sunday and public holiday.
We will urge you to call in our hotline at +65 6287 6117 as soon as possible to schedule a site survey visit and tell us your moving date. We are one of the biggest mover company in Singapore hence we will try our best to fulfil your request with our resources.
This is subject to availability, hence please call us at +65 6287 6117 and we will inform you if the arrangement can be done for your preferred timings.
Stay Connected With
- Label all cartons with their basic contents and their designated rooms.
- Each carton has to be sealed securely with packing tape and be sure all items are well padded and fit snugly in the carton or container.
- Pack heavier items at the bottom of the cartons.
- Lampshades has to be packed in separate cartons
- Wrap dishes individually with paper or air bubble materials
- Small appliances should be well padded and packed snugly in cartons. The weight of each carton should not exceed 20 kg.
- Small fragile items should be well padded and packed snugly into the cartons.
- Please maximise the usage of the entire carton to avoid sagging during stacking at the lorry
Going into details: Packing of Regular/Irregular Shaped Objects
- Wrap with newsprint for glassware, plates and bowls. *Plates are stackable wrap
- Wrap 2nd layer with bubble wrap
- Use bubble wrap or newsprint to wrap one layer minimally for non glass/ fragile items.
- Any edges of the items are to be wrapped well to avoid dent/ scratches or damage.
- Include stuffing of newsprint papers to minimise movement space within the carton box.
- Put it in upright direction when placing in the boxes.
- Mugs/Cups/Glasses are to be wrapped with newsprint and bubble wrap individually.
- *For fragile items packing, place a layer of bubble wrap at the base of the carton box.